2017 OYO Camp Dates will be posted by January 1, 2017!
The Camper Registration and Staff Application processes will open online on February 1, 2017!
This Camp has been created and designed specifically for kids with hearing loss in mind; so all communication at camp will be geared towards each camper’s level of communication. OYO Camp provides a communication barrier-free, overnight camp experience that empowers each camper. ASL will be used throughout camp, as well as other forms of visual and oral communication. Each and every camper’s communication style is valued which results in the kids thriving in a safe, nurturing and fun atmosphere of friendship!
The environment provides:
- A strong sense of belonging
- A level playing field for all the campers
- A program rooted in the culture of Deaf and hearing loss
- A chance to face fears and take risks
- An opportunity to develop and practice leadership skills
- A constant reminder that YOU CAN DO EVERYTHING HEARING PEOPLE CAN DO, BUT HEAR!
It’s the best week of summer!
You will have fun outdoors and making new friends. You will go swimming, canoeing, kayaking, and hiking. You will do other cool activities like archery, arts and crafts, gaga pit and more! Campers 12 and older can do Challenge Series activities like the high ropes, giant swing and pamper pole.